If you are looking for a tasty first course, capable of making your dinners tasty, the risotto with radicchio, gorgonzola and walnuts is for you!
The risotto recipe with radicchio, gorgonzola and walnuts is typical of the northern regions, in particular the Veneto and Lombardy, but it has spread widely throughout the boot, becoming one of the most popular dishes in Italian cuisine. Perfect for any occasion, from the most formal ones to a simple dinner with friends, this risotto is characterized by the typical bitter notes of radicchio which are perfectly balanced with the strong flavor of the gorgonzola and the crunchiness of the walnuts. Let’s find out the recipe for this creamy and easy to prepare first course.
Preparation for the radicchio, gorgonzola and walnut risotto recipe
- Start by cleaning the radicchio. Remove the damaged outer leaves, wash it thoroughly under running water and cut it into strips.
- Peel the onion and make it into thin slices. Separately, in a non-stick pan, toast the walnuts
- Take a non-stick pan, let us melt the butter, brown the onion and add a little salt and pepper.
- As soon as the onion has browned, add the radicchio cut into strips and let it brown.
- At this point, pour the rice into the pot and toast it and then blend it all with white wine.
- Start adding, one ladle at a time, the still hot and already salty vegetable broth and continue stirring. Between one ladle and the other, allow the rice to absorb all the broth.
- After about 20 minutes the rice should be cooked. In any case, check the cooking level by tasting it and adding salt if necessary.
- When cooked, stir the risotto with the diced gorgonzola and grated Parmesan (or alternatively the Grana Padano).
- Serve the rice still hot on the plates and decorate it with the toasted walnuts.
If you love quick and easy recipes, this is definitely for you. But what if you haven’t adjusted with the doses and some of your delicious risotto is left over? There is no need to worry . The risotto can be kept in the fridge for 1-2 days. However, it is important to remember that in the latter case the risotto will lose part of its body and creaminess.
Did you like this recipe? Try the radicchio and sausage risotto !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...