The watermelon cheesecake recipe is one of the best ideas for those who want a delicious and spectacular dessert!
Summer and beautiful days are accompanied by cold cakes and without baking. Among these, one of the most popular and spectacular is the watermelon cheesecake. On the other hand, if this is the symbolic fruit of the season , it would be a shame not to make it the protagonist of one of the most popular desserts of the moment.
The preparation is quite simple: biscuit and butter base , rich cream of soft cheese and whipped cream, colorful and enchanting coverage of watermelon pulp . Here are explained the secrets of so much goodness and sweetness. Below we propose the basic recipe and some variations with or without some ingredients. They are all to try, you will not regret it!
Preparation of the watermelon cheesecake
- Take the cookies and put them in the mixer. Chop them until you get a powder and keep them aside. Melt the butter in a double boiler or in the microwave, then pour it into a container with the chopped biscuits.
- Mix everything and distribute the mixture thus obtained on the bottom of a hinged mold (diameter 24 cm), lined with parchment paper. Leave to rest in the refrigerator and in the meantime prepare the cream for the filling.
- Soak 10 grams of gelatin sheets to soak in cold water for 10 minutes. Take a large bowl and pour in the Philadelphia, ricotta and sugar (130 g). Start mixing with a spoon or even better with an electric mixer.
- Also add the yogurt then squeeze the now soaked gelatine and melt it in a saucepan over low heat with a little cream taken from the total . When the gelatine is completely dissolved, turn off the heat and let it cool before adding it to the cream.
- At this point, whip the cream and add it, mixing from top to bottom, with the yogurt cream. Pour everything over the biscuit base and leave to rest in the refrigerator for no less than 3 hours .
- Now is the time to prepare the topping: blend the watermelon pulp and in the meantime soak the rest of the gelatine in a little water. Put the pureed pulp in a saucepan, add the sugar and put on the fire.
- Also add the soaked and squeezed gelatin, let it dissolve completely, then let it cool to room temperature. Pour the gelatine thus obtained on the surface of the cake and let it rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Watermelon cheesecake without isinglass
- 450 g of mascarpone
- 300 g of whipping cream for desserts
- 60 g of watermelon pulp
- 50 g of water
- 60 g of sugar
- 30 g of cornstarch
- Pour the cold cream from the refrigerator into a bowl and whisk it with an electric mixer. Add the mascarpone a little at a time and continue to whisk to obtain a homogeneous cream.
- Transfer the mixture to the biscuit base prepared as indicated in the basic procedure. Refrigerate to rest for at least 4-5 hours .
- Then prepare the glaze for the covering : blend the watermelon pulp and put it in a saucepan with the sugar and water. Put on the fire and melt the sugar over low heat.
- Also add the cornstarch, stir to melt it then turn off the heat and let it cool before pouring the watermelon sauce on the surface of the cheesecake . Level with the back of a spoon and leave to rest in the refrigerator for a few more hours.
Watermelon and mascarpone cheesecake
Nothing changes regarding the procedure and the ingredients for the biscuit base and the topping, they simply change the ingredients for the cream .
- 320 ml of cream for desserts
- 400 g of mascarpone
- 60 g of powdered sugar
- 15 g of gelatin in sheets
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for about 10 minutes, then melt it in a saucepan over low heat with a couple of tablespoons of cream. When the gelatine is completely dissolved, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Put the icing sugar, cream and mascarpone in a bowl. Work with electric whisk until you get a well whipped cream. Add the gelatin, mix gently and pour the cream over the biscuit base.
- Prepare the topping and let it rest in the refrigerator for as long as necessary.
This fresh watermelon cheesecake can be stored for a maximum of 2-3 days after preparation.
How about trying the two- tone cheesecake too?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Reassuring and decisive, military green is a trendy nuance again this winter: here's how it goes, even crazy! Bold, determined,...
Purple potatoes must absolutely be included in the diet: here are the reasons
If you've never tried them, purple potatoes taste really great. Not only that, they also bring many benefits to the...
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe
Bucatini alla Caruso are a simple first course prepared with genuine ingredients typical of the Campania region. Here is the...
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Similar to custard, mousseline cream is enriched with a fair amount of butter. Here is the recipe. France is famous...
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes5 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition
Recipes1 week ago
For Sunday lunch, here are the artichoke crêpes
Recipes1 week ago
Baked hake with cherry tomatoes and olives: recipe for a tasty second course